- This event has passed.
Ayurvedic Head Massage workshop
May 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$100
Come along and learn the beautiful modality of Ayurvedic head massage as a wonderful addition to your health practice or simply for your own personal care, personal development, or areas of interest.
Ayurvedic doctor Ram Mani Bhandari will deliver a 3 hours workshop incorporating the theory and practical components required of Ayurvedic head massage in a clinical setting at Sunshine Ayurveda.
Ayurvedic head massage is called Shiroabhyanga in the Sanskrit language and it originated in the ancient Indian subcontinent around 5000 yrs ago.
In this therapy, a client remains seated and practitioners work on the head, neck, shoulder, face, and ears. The areas are massaged with the use of Ayurvedic medicated oil using a firm movement to stimulate some marma points (pressure points).
Ayurvedic head massage techniques are indicated for various health situations, balancing the three doshas, 7 chakras, and supporting the healing of the body, mind, and spirit.
What will you learn?
- Basic principles of Ayurveda
- Introduction to Ayurvedic healing modalities and head massage
- Identify the marma points on the head
- Uses of Ayurvedic oils for hair, scalp, and various health issues
- Combining Ayurvedic head massage with other modality
- Basic ideas on using Kansa wands to perform face and body massage
- How to perform head massage as a self-care regimen or perform for your client?
This course is designed for everyone interested in holistic wellbeing and alternative body works. No prior experience of Ayurveda or yoga is required. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Limited seats are available. Book your place today.